July 3, 2012

Number one.

Happy 1st Birthday to the most wonderful dog I have ever met.

Birthday's are a big deal in our house.  Everyone should always have a day dedicated to just them.  I have been prepping the pup for his big day for weeks.  In case you are wondering the best way to get your dog really excited is to make loud noises and jump up and down.  They think it is a party.  And they're right.  We plan on jumping up and down and yelling 'Happy Birthday' a lot today.  We also plan on eating cake, opening presents and spending lots of family time in the sun.  We know how to party.




I know, you think your dog is wonderful too and I have no doubt that it is.  But from day one this little pup stole our hearts and hasn't let go.

It honestly feels like just yesterday Ben and were eyeing the lazy pup in the corner while his brothers and sisters begged for us to take them home.  It feels like only yesterday that Ben put the sweet lazy puppy in my arms and wished me a happy birthday.  And while I always knew that Ben and Mr. Oliver would be the best of friends I never imagined, never ever ever imagined, that I would swoon and worry and love this little guy as if he were a real live person.  I didn't know that could happen.  Oliver has been such a blessing in our lives. 


 This guy has been a ham for the camera since day one.  Maybe that's because he has had a camera in his face since we drove him away from his parents in a little cardboard box.  Let me take a little stroll down memory lane, if I may.

Our first 5 mins as a family!
He feel asleep right away.  Sleeping is his favorite hobby. 


Over the last year we have taught him and watched him grow.  And grow and grow.  












It's sort of like he sprouted up over night to 71 pounds.  It's a serious workout for me to carry him, but Ben makes it look like a breeze.  He is strong like that.


When we meet new people they always remind us how "BIG THAT DOG IS".  Most the time we don't even notice.

He has such a docile personality and doesn't mind that I dress him up every chance I get. 

When I look at him I am sure he is about to start talking.  He always looks like he has something to say and when we tell him to smile, he does just that.  Seriously.  This is real.

Oliver is such a good buddy and we can't imagine our lives without him.  We are so lucky to have him as part of our family!  



Happy 1st Birthday Mr. O, here's to many more to come! 



2 comments:

sylvia said...

Happy birthday Oliver! I can't believe he's almost as big as you!

AnaMaria Castro said...

This seriously made my eyes well up and real, life tears streamed down my face. I am so jealou of little Oliver, I am definately looking into getting a labradoodle of my own now!