December 10, 2014

On the trail


Blogging, day two.  I can do this. :)
I have so much.  So, so much that I need to document and add to my little space on the internet.  Baby steps.  That's how I am going to take this one on.  
A photo and a random bit of information at a time.

Before the weather turned to solid rain (and before I was so exhausted by growing a human that I could bear the thought of leaving the house in the early morning). Max, Oliver and I would go running twice a week.  Putting a baby in the stroller and enjoying nature is one of my very favorite things to do.  Max is such an observer that he is entertained by the passing birds, planes and other dogs that we see along the trail.  Which means for a few moments I get to be distracted by those same things and allow my mind to wander.  I don't think we give enough credit to a wandering mind.  I come up with my best ideas when I am not really thinking about anything.

Our times on the trail were divine.  It almost makes me want to brave the rain and take them out right now (almost).  At the end of our run, Max had a spot at the end of the trail where he could get and run 100 meters back to the car.  He knew the spot.  As soon as we hit it he was wiggling and trying to unbuckle himself (luckily that isn't really a skill he has mastered).  He took his new freedom seriously, the moment I would set him on the ground he would run as fast as he could exploring everything in sight.  This boy is a mover, an explorer and he does everything at one-hundred percent speed.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  

He keeps me on my toes, and always laughing.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Super Max!!! XO