January 21, 2015

Play, play all day


"It's a happy talent to know how to play."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Play and discover, discover and play.  That is Max's motto every day.  Sometimes I joke that this cute kid never stops.  Because really, he doesn't.  But I love his excitement for learning and his fearlessness to try new things. Most of the time that fearlessness scares me to death, especially when it involves climbing to the top of, well, anything. 

Climbing and jumping are topping the charts of his favorite things to do, though. Jumping off couches, curbs, ottomans, boxes, chairs, again - anything - has proven to provide hours of entertainment. And, while I hold my breath every time he takes a leap I don't wish for him to be any different.  I expect I will hold my breath for a lot of the leaps he takes in life; I only hope he never looses that fearless spirit.  



1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh Max Max, we love you so!!!