November 29, 2010

Gimme a Handstand

It's no surprise, I love me some handstands. 

Exhibit A - Handstands in the streets of Greece


Exhibit B - Handstands on the beach in Australia

Exhibit C - Working out handstands

Anytime. Anywhere. I. LOVE. Handstands.

Now, sometimes I am very great at them.  And sometimes it's a little bit of a hoot and a holler as I fall on my face - or flip over backwards and land on my back - which I have done more than once.   Tonight as I walked into the bedroom to wish my sweetheart goodnight {early to bed, early to rise} he was on the phone with Linny.  "What shall I do?" I wondered to myself, not wanting to make the long trip back downstairs just to come back up.  Then it HIT me! I took one look at our new, luxurious, tall, huge king bed and thought. "I bet I could do a handstand against that bed and flip onto the top."  And so it goes... without thinking I did it! {This is often how I end up hurt, the lack of thinking.} A second of screaming and laughing later as I slipped right off the bed onto my head, I was up to try again. Before I could get three of my new trick under my belt I heard Ben start to open the door as he said, "I am not sure, I bet she is doing handstands." {Linny must have heard my hooting and hollering.} Yes, yes I was. 
Now please ignore my laundry that needs to be folded in the corner and my super awesome outfit and be awed by the amazing-ness of handstand-ing onto a bed and trying to figure out how to get down safely.
It's so funny to me!



4 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow!! way to go. I don't think that i could even do a handstand.

MarySue said...

Yeah, I found your wonderful blog. FUN! Love you both. Aunt Sue

Coach Jen said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Thank you for sharing! We may not paint over the 'hoof marks' you left in the handstand wall with your boot! LOL A memorial to you!
Miss you can't wait for the party!
Hugs,
jen

the conleys said...

I love you! This is hilarious. And yes... I was on the phone with Ben and heard you... I asked Ben if maybe you needed his help because you saw a spider??? hahaha... I loved hearing that you were doing handstands. Of course, handstands. Why wouldn't I think of that?! ;)
Love and miss you guys!!!
xoxo