November 28, 2010

The Wedding

I started writing this big long blog that outlined every second of our entire wedding day.  It was long.  Exhausting. And really probably only interesting to me.

So you should know these few things:

01.  Our wedding was amazing!  The day was perfect.  Unbelievable actually.  Fall is amazing.  Fall weddings are the best.  The air was warm, the leaves are beautiful.  In fact, the whole two weeks before the wedding had been perfect.  I was there in time to see the mountain where my parents live turn bright red as the leaves changed.  I had been worried about the leaves.  I LOVE fall.  I love the leaves, the rich colors, the cool air.  LOVE LOVE LOVE.  I can't even express to you the love.  Fall clothes, fall weather, fall colors - LOVE.  I was so happy when we were engaged in time for a fall wedding.  I dreamed of pictures with the changing colors and a fall-esk invitation.  October 22nd was the earliest fall date we could snag and my heart sunk when people started talking about how the leaves would probably be gone by then.  "No", I would say as I studied foliage charts and the history of weather in Utah, "No, I think they will hold out for us."  I didn't know. I didn't understand all these charts.  I just knew it was out of my control and assuming it would be perfect eased my already crazed mind.  They did.  They held out for our perfect day because the next day the skies opened and the rained poured.  Ben said it was a wedding miracle and I couldn't agree more.

02.  The temple ceremony was incredible.  Joseph McConkie, who is a friend of Ben's family, sealed us.  His words were powerful and direct, I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. The spirit was strong and never ever has a decision felt so right.  As we promised to love each other forever I wanted to bottle up that moment, those feelings, the hot tears that swelled in my eyes.  I wanted to forever remember how it felt as I held Ben's hand and thought, "me and you".  I wish you could see the images of this special moment that are burned in my head.

03.  Our families and friends are phenomenal.  I have never ever ever, in my life, felt more loved.  All of the help many months before and the day of.  I cannot say THANK YOU enough for the beautiful wedding, the showers, the parties, the gifts, the planning, the listening, the surprise visits, the thoughts and the words of encouragement. I very much wish there was a way to express how much we appreciate everything, thank you could never be enough. We surely are loved.

Casey and Ashley so accurately coined October as, "The month of Amber" - and it very much was...  I am very pleased to announce that the "Month of Amber" is over! {thank goodness}

Since you know me, you know I LOVE to go overboard.  Well - as much as I wanted to upload all our thousands of photos to this blog post, Google wouldn't have let me and that would take way too long..  If you would like to see the day in more detail, feel free to visit our photobucket HERE {if you can believe it, the photobucket pictures aren't even half of what we have!} I love it!

Enjoy our top10 favorite wedded bliss photos....


2 comments:

Jody said...

Wow! what a fun surprise to come upon your new blog. I love it and you are off to an amazing start. I say amen to all that was shared on your wedding day. It was a "Good Thing" and wonderful memories were made. I love you TWO so much! Hugs

Ashley and Brett said...

My favorite part of the wedding was watching Amber get married underneath the "Y". It just seemed right to see Amber come full circle and embrace becoming a cougar and shun the utes. -Brett