January 28, 2011

Animal Crack

Go ahead and add them to my list of used and abused substances.  Animal crackers.  What begun as a fun  remember-when-we-were-kids discovery has quickly spiraled into obsession. Surprise!

You see, it began when Ben {Santa actually}bought me this cute little box of animal crackers for my stocking.  I couldn't bring myself to open it because the box is so dang cute and holiday-like. I would just look at the sweet polar bears and imagine the crunchy animal shaped goodness inside.
The spiraling happened when I went to Utah.  You see, I have this tradition of scouring my parents house for all their yummy food.  They ALWAYS have a ton and usually I can find yumminess covered in chocolate.  This trip my Dad, famous in my eyes for his love of the creamy milky brown goodness {aka chocolate}, announced that lately he has been snacking on animal crackers.  I decided I could get on board with that and told him all about my festive box at home I had been dying to eat.  We snacked.  Every day I had a handful. Or two.  Who's counting?

Then {while still in Utah} I went to Ashley's house. I told her of this new animal love.  We squealed and laughed and she agreed they were to die for and went to the pantry to show me the big container she had stocked away.  In her defense she has 2 young, adorable, boys. 

Then I came home.  My first day back in town I had an hour to spare and decided to fill it with my weekly grocery shopping.  I spent a good 30 of the 60 minutes walking up and down the isles looking for the animal crackers.  No where to be found.  I gave up when I realized I was running out of time and bought my real food.  Next thing I knew {with 15 mins left in my hour to spare} my car was headed to Target.  The crackers had taken over and I needed to find some!  Target had them, luckily, right at the door.  I grabbed two and headed home.

That was Monday - today is Friday. One bag down, one bag and an adorable box to go. Honestly, I think I ate 85% - no probably 95% of these. Don't judge - They are REALLY good.

 My freaky eyes and really white skin would like to share the crackers with you.  Please get the animal crackers of my house!
On a side note... Do you like the Christmas present from my parents that comes in the form of my new rose gold watch?? I am in L-O-V-E. And... Hawaii anyone?  These pictures have made me realize I am in SERIOUS need of a tan!

5 comments:

the conleys said...

I LOVE ANIMAL CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I'm totally crushing on your watch now.

xoxo

p.s. I'm ready to get tan, too! grossing myself out lately

D said...

I love me some rose gold...you know it! I think I need that watch.

Jody said...

I noticed your beautiful watch before I even read your post on it!! You are loved alot. So is this brand of crackers better than the ones I got that tasted like a cardboard box? Hugs

MarySue said...

I kick it up a big notch and go for the circus animal crackers with the pink and white frosting and sprinkles. So much healthier ;)

Amy said...

I looooooove animal crackers! I keep them at school for my kids to have for snack, but have to use SERIOUS self-control to not eat the entire bag by myself!!
The ones that are frosting-covered and sprinkle-d are EVEN BETTER. Dangerous, really. ;)

You are beautiful!!