January 30, 2011

New Discoveries

Best weekend ever.
Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
Bad?
Okay.

The bad news weekend discovery...
This weekend all I could think about was shopping at Clackamas mall, eating at Claim Jumper and enjoying a caramel covered apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  Saturday we headed to Clackamas on a very important mission only to find.... wait for it.... the store I wanted to go to AND Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory are CLOSED!! This mall, with it's no name replacement stores, is going down the tubes.  The idea I had of ooey gooey caramel goodness mixed with candy and nuts blanketing a delicious apple {making this treat healthy} also went down the tubes.  Super big bummer.  I guess I'll have to make my own caramel apple and maybe I will cover it in Reeses.

The good news weekend discoveries...
1.  With the sadness and loss of my favorite chocolate store we did still enjoy a wonderful dinner at Claim Jumper and although I already knew this, so we'll call it a re-discovery, their cornbread is  A-mazing.  They must use crack and 5 pounds of butter cause I could eat 15 of these giant muffins!

 2.  Large amounts of Diet Coke in small time periods make me very HYPER! While at this same dinner I consumed 3 {or more} HUGE glasses in a matter of 20 minutes, Ben barely finished one glass.  I was very thirsty... I should have asked for a glass of water, but why would I do that when the diet coke tasted SO good?  I laughed {really hard}at Ben's jokes the whole way home, ran {literally} around the grocery store finding ingredients for Sunday dinner, and then zonked out as soon as I sat on the couch.  This is surprising because I have a diet coke every day and they never effect me, on second thought, maybe it was the crack from the giant muffin?

3. We are on a cinnamon kick. Hot Tamales and Hot Lips.  Cinnamon yummy-ness.  They're not even covered in chocolate and I still love them!

4.  I can make snickerdoodles!  {with this recipe of course} The best, most dangerous, discovery yet since this is my most favorite cookie in the entire world!  I can even make them mini sized - half the calories, all the goodness! Watch out world!

It seems that food {sweets and candy} have taken over my our blog.  Boring? Sorry.  I promise the next post will be minus all things food.

5 comments:

MarySue said...

Don't change a thing about your blog...and food news is always fun. SNICKERDOODLES!!!! What can I say. Any doubt that a gal who names her blog that would adore them too. Did you use BUTTER????

D said...

I found a rogue recipe for those fabulous lofthouse sugar cookies...you know the ones that you buy at albertsons that are white and puffy and amazing with the pink frosting and sprinkles?!? Yup...this is happening TODAY!

the conleys said...

Ah! I want a corn bread muffin this instant.

And... do you have a snickerdoodles recipe you love?? I need to find a good one...

xoxo

p.s. glad you liked the white coat :) gorgeous huh?!

Heidi said...

Umm i love the food stuff. Snickerdoodles are one of my I have TOO haVE IT!! foods is your recipe soft and mushy (thats how i like them) or more dry and crunchy?

Let me know so i can make them ASAP!

Heidi said...

Okay i tried this recipe...I actually doubled it for the super bowl. I did a little less butter and sugar. ANd i also did about 1/2 whole wheat flour and it was still amazing! Way to go amber you found a good one!

love heidi