February 3, 2011

The running started the happy day

I needed to run because my mind was about to explode.
I needed to run because I couldn't think about one more thing.
It felt like every email hitting my inbox was a ticking time bomb.
The race was to see if it was me or the email that exploded first.
I needed to run to ground myself.
Have time for myself.
Remind myself that I have a healthy body.

Oprah told me to be happy I should take 10 minutes a day just for quiet breathing.
Me time.
I don't really like Oprah.
I don't like how everyone listens to what she says.
But I DO like me time.
And my me time includes running.
I took me time.
Lunch time came and I went running.

It felt good.
Amazing.
My mind turned off for a few minutes.
It was just me. music. the sound of my feet hitting the ground.
I only got 4 miles in.
I longed for more.
I really did have too much to do.
Maybe I could run more in a world where I was crazy fast.
It changed my day though.
Me time, running, happy day.

And then for MORE happiness

SIL Emily called this afternoon saying her water broke. She was going to the hospital. A few hours later we welcomed Baby Kennedy into the family!  So excited and more to come....

And then something happy...sad...then happy again...
I  watched Hubs play some basketball tonight.  I was parking the car and noticed a tiny bag of skittles. I was super happy since I am pretty much a child and need snacks everywhere I go.  I walked into the game. Placed them on my lap.

As I watched hottie hubs I savored every sugary ounce of each Skittle {Happy}. I got into conversation with one of the other wives.  We were talking about my most favorite pair of boots and as I lifted my leg to show her the boot Skittles went everywhere {Sad}.  I COULD NOT lose those Skittles!  I was starving and enjoying them WAY too much.  So, I did what any sane person would do. I dropped to my hands and knees and picked them up. Every last one. Skittles never tasted so good {Happy again}.  I am not sure I will be invited back.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

i love all of your posts about candy. makes me happy. also, i'm glad i'm not the only one who's not riding the oprah train. phew!

Amy said...

Skittles ALWAYS remind me of going to boys basketball games in high school. They also make me gag a little now because I have a 1 lb bag in my desk drawer for kids who do their homework... So many skittles!

Shannon said...

See! Everyone thinks its so cool to hate on oprah but she gives us interesting info to think about and reminds us to take care of ourselves. Oprah! Oprah! Oprah! (Picture me fist pumping)

the conleys said...

I saw that Oprah, and am right there with ya, on me time, and Oprah.

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING MY CONNECTION TO EM YESTERDAY!!! Cannot wait to see this precious little girl.

xoxo

ash & diz said...

Bummer about the skittles! But ya gotta love lunch time runs! Great way to improve your day. :)

MarySue said...

I'd drop to my knees for M&M's but you can have the Skittles :)