August 6, 2012

Fishing is for flies... wait, what?

Last week we were in Sun River, OR for the Walunas Family Reunion.  Jody put so much time into planning our week away and everyone had a wonderful time!



While we were enjoying all things nature the boys were having an itch to go fishing.  Did you know that Ben is an incredible fly fisherman?  I have heard stories, but we hadn't done it together.  The shame!  So I invited myself along on the early morning trip.  Sorry guys!  Luckily, Paul, Matt and Hayden didn't seem to mind too much.

The morning was absolutely gorgeous.

Ben got right to work tying stuff.  Line and flies and more line.  He knew exactly what he was doing and was so patient and detailed.  It was super sexy.  It's my blog - I can say that.



Paul and Matt gave the reins to Hayden to reel in a BIG ONE!  Although the big one never bit.  Bummer.




 After everything was tied and ready to go he started throwing (honestly I don't know what it's called) his line  back and forth trying to get the fly in the right spot.

 Any fishing, but especially fly fishing, takes a lot of patience.



When Ben decided he had enough fun for one person he asked if I would like to try.  "Sure, I replied.  But only if you are totally done because I am about to scare the living daylights out of some fish."


And scare them I did!!
Take note:  This is not at ALL what you are supposed to look like.  Not even close.
I have work to do people.

Even though we didn't come home with any fish, and I am a pretty horrible fly fisherman, we all had a blast and I was glad they let me tag along!

3 comments:

Gladys said...

Fly fishing is the best! We fly fish on the Provo river, its a thrill when you get one on your line! Love your photos!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sue said: Loved, loved the photography and glad you got to go along. I sooo wanted Jesse to get to fly fish at our reunion but it didn't happen.. . hopefully soon.

Fash Boulevard said...

Love fly fishing. So fun and relaxing. Adore this post, love. If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post for Lauren Conrad. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com